Alright, alright, alright...let me explain. I got a call this morning at 8:30 a.m. from the Stake President. After working with the computer for a while he found out that the paperwork can not be submitted until 3 months before the availabitility date. Since Josh listed that date as July 15, 2009, the paperwork will have to wait until April 15th.
Needless to say, Josh is a bit dissapointed at this news. It feels just like hitting those really tall speed bumps in the Macey's parking lot. They catch you unaware, give the car quite a jolt, but once you are on the other side of them you just slow down and proceed forward at a slower pace. You still get where you want to be, it just takes a little bit longer.
We were told that mission calls are coming back after the papers have been submitted within 10 to 14 days on average. With the new submittal date it dawns on me that there is a good chance his call could arrive on my birthday, April 27th. That would be only 12 days. Let's wait and see.
Signing off for now,