Where do I send letters?

joshua.wartena@gmail.com
or
Elder Joshua D. Wartena
Casilla de Correo 70
Bahia Blanca 8000
Buenos Aires
Argentina

Monday, October 26, 2009

Excerpts from this week's letter

Dear Madre,
I should probably say something about my week too. I put most of the info in the email to Dad, so I will not use time writing it here. I had fleas this week! Anti itch cream is SO NICE. They seem to have gone now (I think I got them from another elder…)
Argentina has orange trees! And lime, and lemon, pretty cool. Oh, I also saw a monkey climing a tree in someone´s backyard this week, that was pretty weird. We had a lunch with a nice member lady, and she had this ´´famous argentine food´´ that was almost exactly porcupine balls! The rice was in a sauce out of the meatballs, but thought you would all like to know you are already eating argentine food! Hmmmmm, the week has been pretty boring on this end, I don´t even have good pictures or anything!

Things I will never take for granted again:
Water pressure
Dryers (although using a line is nice for some reason)
Showering and using the bathroom barefoot
Peanut butter
Sliced bread (ridiculously expensive, those bagget thingies are real cheap though)
Cars and bikes
English, hahaha
Vacuums
Sidewalks

These are also some of the things I love most about argentina though.

Doo de doo.
So, I´ve been studying how to gain the spirit in teaching and bearing testimony, Preach my Gospel has great stuff! Chapter 4 I definitely recommend, and ch 11. Also studying charity (yeah for charity…) and have started Jesus the Christ again. Reading the BOM in English and Spanish at the same time, the tree of life is such and amazing couple of chapters! Really enjoying it.
I´m so glad to know you´re ok physically, Mom. I´m praying for you all down here, and working hard. Hope the blessings come through! Oh, good luck with the Organ! :D

And yes, I can print out the emails, no worries.
Well, I am going to run! Not literally, we´ll probably call a taxi (yeah, it´s pretty cool to use taxis and all…) and go eat! You see, it´s 11:30 here, and way nice outside!
I love you all! Thank you so much for the letters, prayers, and just being great.

Your son, brother, and missionary
Elder Joshua Duveau Wartena


Gunnar Ekelof wrote that every human being is allowed 180 seconds of pure and unmitigated happiness--not 180 seconds at once, but total over a lifetime.  I don't believe it.  Chris informed me that Josh should write approximately 104 emails during his mission, and that that adds up to 104 moments of pure joy for the Mama.  And then, if you multiply 104 emails by 6 sons it equals 624 moments of pure joy.  Ah, he is a sweet son.  He just likes knowing what his mom will be like while he is off serving a mission in 2 1/2 years.

Signing off for now,
The Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment