Where do I send letters?

joshua.wartena@gmail.com
or
Elder Joshua D. Wartena
Casilla de Correo 70
Bahia Blanca 8000
Buenos Aires
Argentina

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The adventures of a missionary

Dear Mom
 
Wow, no offense to your other emails, but this weeks may be my favorite I have recieved in the mission. Just made me feel all good inside more than usual. Thanks for the talks, we don't get the magazines much down here. We have 2 from this year...I'm just hoping I can find a conference edition in English.
My birthday! So, it was spent in a zone conference, an amazing zone conference, but sitting all day long nonetheless. I got candy from Hna Detlefesen and the hnas del puerto (in our district) several members wished my happy birthday today and we have a cake/dinner thing tomorrow! I actually did not recieve your package in time, but I did get Sadie's. I'm hoping for next week, will let you know.
HA! You tell the missionaries in the Provo Utah mission to shut up and go contact some people...because your son covers a 25 mile area with one ward of about 100 actives. They cover 9 active stakes with 10+ wards in every one. Sorry, a family here has a son in the Provo Utah mission and we are slightly bitter about it.
That's cool that they came over though, who are they?
Sigh, I guess almost a year was a good run to keep my jeans...thanks for saving the coat!
Kidding, they can have the pants.
WOAH! Alex is in 5th grade...who have no idea how much that just blew my mind. Actually, you probably do, but WOAH!
Almost as weird as Jo reading...Mom...what happened?
Ok, Elder Palmer. On the 26, the US may be playing in the World Cup, ask him how that went, he will tell you. If you want to feed him something...Tater Tot Casserole. It was a running debate for 4 months who's mother made the better TTC. Please win if you can! :D
I am going to print off that talk this week if I am able to. I want to read it. Thanks.
ABE PUT HIS PAPERS IN!!!
I finally got an email from that punk, so happy.
MY headaches are gone! No worries.
Sorry about the money, I should have been able to take care of that.
I decided not to do a video right now for his court of honor. I will do one for him personally and write him as well. He's such a great kid.
Sam, home, wow.
So many big things this week back home.
Here is was a really boring week, not gonna lie. Gorgeous weather for the most part, but we were't able to work at all beacuse of meetings, divisions, and the mundial. Ah, yes, the world cup. When argentina played, we knew people were home becuase we heard the streets practiaclly explode when Argentina made their first goal.But hey, such is life sometimes. I am just glad everything is happening at once instead of slowing the work over a long period of time. Zone conference was awesome. Pres really helped us out in our area with questions we had about contacting people as well as emailing me and answering stuff. Great man...He reads the scriptures and then applies them to us like nothing I have ever seen. I will ahve to bring my notes one day to give you some of the amazing stuff he reads.
Oh, Argentina won their game. That day, every single store in the area was sold out of alchohol. Our Dist. Leader informed us it might be a good idea to head home a little early before it got dark. 
US and Englad scored 1-1
Uruguay was killing S Africa today 2-0
Thsi games matter, because they decide whether or not Argentina and the US have a possibility of playing each other. It would not be good if they did.
So, after the zone conference, we were informed that the Ward Mission Leader from Centro had a reference for us. It is a 28 year old man who has been attending in Centro with his friend for about a year now, recently recieved his answer, and wants to be baptised, and has no problems to do so. He just needs to lessons. Where does he live? In our ward...oh, yeah.
So, if all goes well, we could have 3 baptismal dates this week. I'll let you know what happens.
Rained a TON this week. We were skipping rocks in the street they were so flooded. Kinda fun actually. 
Yeah, we got our district jerseys all made and they are cool. We each have a nickname, from Top Gun. Yeah, the genius of E Wartena and E Walker. Who am I? Maverick, of course.
Sorry this email isn't filled with spiritual insights or cool stories, it's been a really slow week and I am kidna just writing whatever. 
Thanks for everything you do.  I'll keep working hard, no worries. I love doing this, so much fun. Be sure to tell Sam hi for me when he gets back, and give everyone a birthday hug from the big brother.
I love you so much.
 
Your missionary son and brother
Elder Wartena  

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I was googling the Bahia Blanca mission and found this blog. The BIG shock is that my son is Elder Walker, the new companion. And now...I have tears! What a treat to know he is serving with such a great companion!

    ReplyDelete