Where do I send letters?

joshua.wartena@gmail.com
or
Elder Joshua D. Wartena
Casilla de Correo 70
Bahia Blanca 8000
Buenos Aires
Argentina

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Another week on Earth. We made it to "hump day."

HI HI HI!!! Dear Mom

Wow, you have a pocketknife, I'm very proud. You'll have to use it when you go camping. (camping, something that we need to do when I get back before Chris leaves)
That's awesome, the whole scout thing, really. It's cool to hear that it's really grown in the ward.
GO MATT!!! Yeah, you just keep up the good work with everything.
Hehe, he actually needs a 33 if he wants a point higher than me. But 27 is really good for your first time.
So, having problems studying the scriptures Mom? NOOOOO!!! That is not good! You, you, go read them, right now, yup, well, after you finish reading the email from your favorite son at least. Read D&C 100! Why, well because that's what I read the other day and it made me think about alot of things, and I want to hear what you think about it.
Exciting things to happen in the week.

Foof, lots.
Thursday-We had a great lesson (ha, insert sarcasm here) with a fully loaded Evangelical lady. Nice thing about being senior comp, you have more liberty to cut lessons short and leave when you know you should. Poor Elder Ramirez, I think that was his first time teaching someone who just wanted to argue.
Then dist meeting and contacting people, nothing too interesting

Fri-Contacting about a gajillion people in downtown, lots of them said we could come buy, which was exciting. Not so exciting? Finding out the address doesn't actually exsist. Oh well, such is life. I made brownies from scratch with no recipe and no idea what I was doing! For an investigator we want to take the lessons (she has been coming to church for along time, but is kind of...not wanting the lessons) It worked though, my awesome brownies and now we are goingto teach her! hehe, take that.

Sat-Great lesson with a young couple, he is a recent reactivated member, and she is waiting for them to get married so she can get baptised. She just turned 18, so we trying to help them move their wedding goal from the end of the year to, well, withing the next month or so, because that would be better.
Found Sandra, a nice nurse who we contacted in the street (and exists!) She really liked the Restoration, and the spirit was present, but I don't think she really understood what it all meant, it's a big message after all. But she said she would read, so we have faith.

Sun-Wow, P Mogotes spoiled me. We have 500 members here, 20 of which are active, including us and the investigators. The Branch Pres. directed and led music, the missionaries gave talks with one member who also gave the closing prayer, then I tought Gospel Principles and Priesthood. Lots of work withing the word, so that's good. I might be playing piano on sundays actually......yeah......thankfully I found a hymns made easy in spanish in one of my areas.

We have a recent convert, Silvia, who had us teach her sister, then brought her to church. We visited with her again and she told me in no uncertain terms that she read the book and everything I said was true, and that she liked it. She really wants us to keep teaching her, and reading. Yeah, Graciela is the name, and it's a nice thing to find someone like that.

Monday-Contacting and getting shut down or not having people and home again. Then had to go to the other area for divisions within the district. Out district is 3 companionships, us, the DL, and the ZL. The rest of the zone are 2 other companionships (apart from the ZL who is going home in 5 weeks, I am the oldest missionary. Well, actually, there is someone in the other dist sho might be older than me, but I'm not sure.)

Tue-Divisions went well, made me realize that I really lucked out on getting another comp who is really clean, and a great missionary. We actually ended up in my area contacting people! Then went to do service cutting wood with an investigator (who lives in such a poor area of Viedma that his house is one concrete room that doesn't even have water. A large part of the Branch America is pretty low on the poverty line to be honest, but the people are nicer than they were in Mar Del...
I also met the largest Dogo in the world, I am going to try and go back this week to get a picture or something and then will send a fuller explanation and pictures!

Phew, then today we all played bball/soccer and had a bbq with hamburgers. It was a good, tranquilo Pday. The weather is getting nicer, not so bitterly cold as it was in ''the coldest week of the year'' according to news stations.

Yeah, that was the exciting week here in America (hehehehehe, ahhh, that was fun, sorry, but telling you I was in America was too good to pass up)

And no worries, my comp is was obedient, which is great. He is from Uruguay, an only child, 22 years old, and was baptised 4 years ago. (apart from thinking he knows all there is to know about being a missionary, he's great! haha)
I agree, after lots of failier, we finally learn.

Half way! WOOOOOOOOTTTTT!!! No, I'm not trunky, but it's quite the exciting thing to think I've been a missionary for a whole year.
BWAHAHAHAHA: Get ready, I'm almost back.

Anyways, I love you all. Thanks again for all the emails, yes, Mom, I am loved! It feels good! :D Still doing great here in Viedma, everything good. Oh, the address of my house if you want to look it up exactly, Las Heras, 1903.

Have a great week! I'll talk to you soon!

Your missionary son and brother
Elder Joshua Wartena



He sounds happy.  He writes happy.  And he only does that when he is happy.  So, congrats to our missionary at the midpoint of his mission.  Thank you all for your prayers and support.

Signing off for now,
The Mama

1 comment:

  1. First, thank you so much for posting these! I love reading them. And second, I just cannot bring myself to believe that a whole year has passed! I hope you are all doing well :)

    ReplyDelete