Where do I send letters?

joshua.wartena@gmail.com
or
Elder Joshua D. Wartena
Casilla de Correo 70
Bahia Blanca 8000
Buenos Aires
Argentina

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

WOOOOOOOOTTTTT!!!!! Yes, ask and ye shall recieve.

WOOOOOOOOTTTTT!!!!! Yes, ask and ye shall recieve.
Guess who is training, yup, me.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
He gets here in about 6 hours, Elder Christiansen.....yeah, there are only 20000 Elders with that last name.
So, this week was ridiculously boring, well, half and half. Conference=Awesome. Yup, april it was all about families, here's what I got out of this one.
So, here is the plan of salvation, here are the prophets, listen to them, they know what is going on. But, you do have your agency, know that you will receive blessings or suffering based on how you use that gift.
I really liked it, even though I didn't get to hear the priesthood session.
Elder Claudio R M Costa, I always like his talks, along with Pres Uchtdorf, and Pres Monson.
Pres Packer is still my favorite, hands down.
What do missionaries do when they are bored on Pday? Well, sometimes we pull out the conference edition and try and figure out who the next prophet is going to be. The conclusion, Elder Perry.
We also make awesome Cafe Rio burritos, it's turning into a tradition for pday.
We are now no longer even a zone. We are a district and part of the Villa Mitre zone. It's only a 4 hour bus ride...we really are teh regects of the mission.
Doesn't stop us from doing kick butt work! Ok, so not much happened this week work wise because of transfers, conference, and not having my comp here. But, we did find someone new, Estellamaris. She is goingto get baptised, I'm pretty sure. She really wants to know.
Paolo is still having problems with cigarettes, but hates them and wants to change. Really putting forth an effort, he's so cool!
I was with Elder Beyer, an Elder that Elder Palmer trained, these past 2 days. He is from San Antonio, but had to be picked up here and since their area is 2 hours away and they have to come back thurday, they just stayed with Elder Robles and I so we would be able to work in both areas. (Elder Robles is training too)
I think that is everything of even moderate interest that has happened the past week. Oh, I DEEP CLEANED the entire house in anticipation for the new kid. Bleach, everything, buying new stuff to replace the old garbage (like, the shower curtain that was growing mold, we burned that. How do you know you're in Argentina? The flip flops you wear to shower are actually not always to protect against fungus, they are also good giant spider killers and you get in to shower and there are spiders on the wall.)
Still doing good down here. Finished Mark and am half way through Mosiah in spanish so my study goals are on track.
Oh, ok, you asked for a christmas list, here is a final one
1) The most powerful DEET bug repellent you can find. If it melts fabric it comes in contact with, it's strong enough. I was remembering last summer...I think I counted 100 bites on my body once.
2) Maple extract. Pancakes just aren't the same
3) Ranch salad dressing packets (2 or 3) Salad just ins't the same either
4) Tapito hot sauce. Or any ridiculously small bottle of hot sauce.
5) Twizzlers
6) A picture of you guys now. I would like to show people how big my brothers are.
 
Question for you to think about. Why is it the sword of the spirit? Why is everything else something you do, preparation, faith, prayer. How do you take hold of the sword of the spirit? What are you supposed to DO. (Find the verb! Oh thank you winston grammar...)
 
Anyways, it must needs be that I must go, but will have more exciting things next week (or so we hope)
Thank you again for the email, I love you!
 
Your missionary son and brother
Elder Joshua Wartena 

P.S.  And, there are more photos up, look and enjoy!


  Mama here,

I have decided that I do enjoy many things about being the mother of a missionary.  I love P-Day emails.  Something to look forward to on a regular basis.  It is almost like Christmas morning every Wednesday.  Learning to listen more intently for the promptings of the Holy Spirit as you care for someone so far away.  Many, many things to learn and do.  Now I am on a mission to find out info on DEET.  Not being the outdoors, up in the rugged outback type of person, I really do not know what to send him.  But never fear--I will find out and send it.

Also, please send in your responses to Josh's question about the Sword of the Spirit and what we are supposed to do.  Having a missionary who supplies you with a gospel topic to research on a regular basis is awesome.  All those years of morning devotionals are paying off as he now comes back and teaches me and guides me through the scriptures.  I've just got to add that having your kids grow up and go on is bitter and sweet all at the same time, and I am just barely beginning to learn about that part of life.  

Well, have a great week.  Embrace the changes come to you and be happy.  Each change is a gift from the Lord. He gives them to us to help us grow, learn, and be joyful.

Signing off for now,
The Mama

1 comment:

  1. Hi! My son is going into the MTC in two and a half weeks. He will be serving in the Argentina Bahia Blanca mission too! I have been following your son's blog since my son got his call a couple months ago. I am wondering if it would be okay with you if I put a link to your son's blog on my son's blog? I figure the more exposure to all these missionary blogs the better, right? Your son seems so happy! I hope my son does as well. It is my first to serve. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete