Where do I send letters?

joshua.wartena@gmail.com
or
Elder Joshua D. Wartena
Casilla de Correo 70
Bahia Blanca 8000
Buenos Aires
Argentina

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanks for all the support here on the Blog

Dear Friends and Family,

Here is a little pre-pday post from The Mama.  I just wanted to thank all those people who have supported us here on the blog.  There are so many more of you than I realized.  Just this afternoon I found how I could view all the comments that have ever been made about the blog.  It blew my mind to see how many people have visited here that I never knew about.  Many of you I don't even know.  You just found this blog.

Sister Cox commented over a year ago about a post.  Turns out she found the blog while surfing the internet, and her son was Josh's companion.  Just an update.  Elder Cox WAS receiving packages from his family, just not from his friends.  She reports he is doing well.

Two other dear sisters were surfing around and found us here.  They were looking for information about the mission.  Both of them have sons now serving in the Bahia Blanca mission.  Who knows?  Maybe they will be companions with Josh at some time.

The world is getting smaller and smaller each day.  With our modern technology to link us we can be such support for one another.  When I first began the blog I figured family would check it out occassionaly for an update on our son.  Turns out others have come to visit as well.  I hope that something we share can help another person to have a good day.  I hope that others will be inspired by our story and feel a desire within to serve a mission for the Lord.  Perhaps something we share about our life will encourage someone else to learn about the restored gospel and be baptised. 

I want to thank all the family and friends who are keeping their blogs up for us to share.  It is such fun to take a few moments each week to learn what is happening in your lives.  We can't visit or call you every week, yet we feel a part of your lives with this online adventure called The Blog.  We love you.  May the joy of the season be with all of you.

Signing off for now,
The Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment