Where do I send letters?

joshua.wartena@gmail.com
or
Elder Joshua D. Wartena
Casilla de Correo 70
Bahia Blanca 8000
Buenos Aires
Argentina

Monday, April 18, 2011

He Writes Again

Dear Mom,


(Found this picture at the end of today's email.  
Made me start crying.  
Oh, he is so cute.)


Well, it has been a few weeks of boring emails.  As I stated in emails to others, my companion has been ''sick'' for
the past couple of days. No, I have not killed him, nor dragged him out to work more than is necessary.

But, apart from that, it was a good week. Pretty much all of our investigators are...well, just there. Not really anything spectacular is happening, but that is the story of the whole district at the moment. It's like we're sitting in molassess trying to move forward. Slightly frustrating, but it isn't the first time I've seen this, so it'll be alright.

Transfers are the first of May, and we are all pretty sure that I am being transferred out. Pres rarely leaves elders to end in areas with 5 transfers. I am going to ask him to send me to Bahia, the capital of the mission. That cuts down on travel quite a bit, and I'd like to be a big stake and ward to just work my tail off and not have to worry
too much about holding up a ward as well. 


Tell Aunt Kari hi for me.

I've discovered that I like learning piano songs, strangely calming to just sit and play something.

I finished Leviticus and Matthew this week. The books of Moses were all fine and dandy until numbers, now it's kinda driving me insane. But, the new testament is always a joy to read. I'm starting up the Book of Mormon again and doing well on my section a day in Doctrine & Covenants. Reading more and noting how Christ is our advocate with the Father and how that all works out. If I'm calling people to repentance it might be nice to know more about that subject.

Ummm, could I take some CLEP tests when I get back? For Spanish possibly? Because if I can test out of some credits that would be nice. I know that I've never taken a class, but I've lived with Spanish companions for nearly a year now, and study the language constantly, and have completely an advanced textbook. Just an idea, I think it could be productive.

Hint, don't eat octopus(or any seafood) in a chinese all you can eat, especially if it's in South America.

Package, still a no go. Not sure what has happened, if it has been lost, or what. Sorry.

IT IS BEAUTIFUL HERE! OH MY GOSH: I love autumn, and it is great in the pampa. Only thing that could make it better would be to mountains. Can't really think of anything else to write, quite the uneventful day. I recieved a letter from Gpa, and I'm writing a response.

Thanks for all your support, prayers, emails, and just being my great family. I love you all and will talk to you soon. Have a great week! I love you!

Your missionary son and brother,
Elder Joshua Wartena

No comments:

Post a Comment