Where do I send letters?

joshua.wartena@gmail.com
or
Elder Joshua D. Wartena
Casilla de Correo 70
Bahia Blanca 8000
Buenos Aires
Argentina

Monday, April 25, 2011

Let us all press on in the work of the Lord

Haha, 


You and Dad both...jeez. Yeah, it's not been the easist couple weeks ,
we'll leave it at that.

The family Luna, why are we mentioning them? Well, last year I learned
Spanish sign language in Mar Del Plata on acocunt of Damian Gigli.
Didn't think that would ever serve me again, until we get ahold of the
young couple that recently moved into out ward, and she is deaf. Great
family, he is an RM who served in Cordoba, understands his part in the
missionary work as a member and wants to do it. The ward is actually
responding finally, had consejo de barrio (sorry, no idea waht it is
in english, it's been awhile) [This means neighborhood counsel] and to our surprise they informed us
that something had actually been done during the week and the ward
mission plan was going to be used. Something to do as well with the
redone ward list we gave yesterday in church to the secretaries
(Marcelino was called to be a ward clerk, yeah!) 


Getting colder here in Santa Rosa, we'll see to where it is that I
will be transfered this weekend. Confession, my stuff is mostly
packed. Trying (and it appears like I will succeed) to fit everything
into 2 suitcases with the third inside russian doll style.
New shoes, and pants. Oh, how we love missionaries who leave things or
give them away. Steel toed work shoes with an inch and a half heel?
Yes, thank you very much. A pair of dockers that will fit nicely
accompanied by a belt? That too.
Fyi, the tommy hilfiger belt from wal mart is still going strong, 20
months later. The pants, not so much...but they put up a brave fight.
Shoes, pretty much gone. I'm giving the pair that didn't fall apart
but just needs a new sole to a young man leaving or a missionary who
new shoes. The other pair will probably be burned this weekend. Held
together with super glue, tape, and walking carefully? Yup, thems
missionary shoes.

What was pday today? Well, a self done haircut was first on the
docket. Turned out much better than the last time, it actually seems
even. Then we headed over to the church during the siesta (world shuts
down) to practice piano and read a book. For some reason piano is
really relaxing, it's nice.


Package has still not arrived, I am afraid that it never will either.

Chris is OLD!!! I remember my homeschool graduation, if I remember
correctly it was when Dad was called to be bishop. I still have that
photo and enjoy pointing out everyone in out family to anyone that
asks.  He can think I'm perfect, it's pretty much true. ;D


Thanks mom, for all the encouragement and advice. It is nice to know
that I haven't been lazy. I haven't always worked the smartest, but I
haven't been lazy!
I stared at the sun the other day, 8. I got 8 in the sun stare.
Easter passed uneventfully. REALLY uneventfully. Here in the Pampa it
is another excuse for a 4 day weekend and sleeping. Ugh.
We are coloring eggs sunday, Elder Steele and I, with what you sent me
christmas. :D:D:D:D
Thanks again for everything Mom, enjoy the library. I love you, the
rest of the family too of course.
XOXOXOXO! :D


Romans 15:1

Your missionary son and brother,
Elder Joshua Wartena

No comments:

Post a Comment